Helping to kick off the holiday (A.K.A. eating and drinking) season off right, the Boulder’s Resort is putting on a specialty Food & Wine Reception on Saturday, November 16 at its gorgeous, yet intimate, Palo Verde restaurant within the property. During the casually elegant fete, the renowned resort will feature a selection of crisp Sauvignon Blancs, buttery Chardonnays, Pinot Noirs and Malbecs in addition to a variety of market style dinner items.
Representatives will also be on hand to introduce distinctive personalities of each wine while guests enjoy appetizers, barbeque, seafood, and desserts.
Menu items include:
• Truffle Deviled Eggs
• Green Olives filled with Piquillo Peppers and White Anchovy
• Midori Compressed Melon with Prosciutto Ham
• Hummus, Baba Ganoush and Olive Tapenade
• Sliced Artesian assorted Breads
• Grilled Vegetables
• Herbs Provence Marinated Lamb Chops
• Harissa Barbequed Flat Iron Steaks
• Linguica Sausage
• Marinated Sea Scallops with Citrus Pico de Gallo
• Poblano Crab Cakes with Smokey Tomato Butter Sauce
• Shrimp with Romesco Sauce
• Coffee Crème Brulee
• Pistachio Baklava
• Triple Berry Panna Cotta
• Dark Chocolate Truffles
According to Palo Verde Chef Hertel, guests can certainly expect some of his signature southwestern-inspired menu features that the restaurant has become famous for, as well as some unique and exciting new seasonal creations that range from Wagon Wheel Oyster, crispy fried oysters on top of Johnny cakes, with jalapeño tartar and greenhorn relish; to Squash and Smoked Chili Fritters, glazed with the Boulders’ harvested honey, old west cherry peppers and green onion.
The event is $60 per person and reservations are requested. Reservations can be made by calling 480-595-3496.